<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1466200846453187875?origin\x3dhttp://fahrenheitfanfics.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
HELLO!
Thank you for requesting @ DORKISTIC. Please support us by telling your friends and affies about DD. Replace this message with your welcome message. Have a nice day!

SITE INFO
SITE NAME:U-REQUEST
OPENED:08.02.2009
OWNER:MBWZY/AFHILANGIE
SERVICES:graphics,reviews/one-shots,link fanfics,trailer makers
CONTACT: EMAIL
BUTTON:

 U-Requesters Online

NAVIGATION

CBOX
Get your CBOX a href="http://cbox.ws">
. . Maximum width 200px

ARCHIVE
Aug 2, 2009
Aug 3, 2009
Aug 4, 2009
Aug 5, 2009
Aug 6, 2009
Aug 7, 2009
Aug 8, 2009
Aug 9, 2009
Aug 10, 2009
Aug 11, 2009
Aug 12, 2009
Aug 13, 2009
Aug 14, 2009
Aug 15, 2009
Aug 16, 2009
Aug 17, 2009
Aug 18, 2009
Aug 19, 2009
Aug 20, 2009
Aug 22, 2009
Aug 23, 2009
Aug 24, 2009
Aug 25, 2009
Aug 26, 2009
Aug 27, 2009
Aug 29, 2009
Aug 30, 2009
Aug 31, 2009
Sep 2, 2009
Sep 3, 2009
Sep 4, 2009
Sep 5, 2009
Sep 6, 2009
Sep 7, 2009
Sep 8, 2009
Sep 9, 2009
Sep 10, 2009
Sep 11, 2009
Sep 12, 2009
Sep 13, 2009
Sep 14, 2009
Sep 15, 2009
Sep 16, 2009
Sep 20, 2009
Sep 22, 2009
Sep 27, 2009
Sep 30, 2009
Oct 4, 2009
Oct 22, 2009
Nov 25, 2009
Nov 26, 2009
Dec 2, 2009
Dec 3, 2009
Dec 5, 2009
Dec 6, 2009
Dec 7, 2009
Dec 10, 2009
Dec 12, 2009
Dec 13, 2009
Dec 14, 2009
Dec 15, 2009
Dec 16, 2009
Dec 17, 2009
Dec 18, 2009
Dec 19, 2009
Dec 20, 2009
Dec 21, 2009
Dec 22, 2009
Dec 23, 2009
Dec 24, 2009
Dec 25, 2009
Dec 26, 2009
Dec 27, 2009
Dec 28, 2009
Dec 29, 2009
Dec 30, 2009
Jan 2, 2010
Jan 3, 2010
Jan 4, 2010
Jan 5, 2010
Jan 6, 2010
Jan 7, 2010
Jan 8, 2010
Jan 11, 2010
Jan 13, 2010
Jan 14, 2010
Jan 15, 2010
Jan 16, 2010
Jan 17, 2010
Jan 18, 2010
Jan 19, 2010
Jan 24, 2010
Jan 26, 2010
Jan 30, 2010
Jan 31, 2010
Feb 1, 2010
Feb 2, 2010
Feb 3, 2010
Feb 4, 2010
Feb 5, 2010
Feb 6, 2010
Feb 7, 2010
Feb 8, 2010
Feb 9, 2010
Feb 11, 2010
Mar 1, 2010
Mar 2, 2010
Mar 3, 2010
Mar 6, 2010
Mar 10, 2010
Mar 17, 2010
Mar 20, 2010
Apr 9, 2010
Apr 15, 2010
May 13, 2010
Jul 6, 2010
Jan 23, 2011
Jan 29, 2011
Mar 21, 2012

DISCLAIMER
. CONTENT © your name
. LAYOUT BY:dorkistic
. IMAGES FROM:asian fanatics
. HOST:blogger


Friday, January 15, 2010 | 11:10 PM |

Comments:

Post a Comment

Illusions and Memories by cutterpillow Chapter 4


Chapter 4


Koyama Keiichiro

Chapter 4: Koyama Keiichiro
****Have you heard of the term con artist? If not, let me give you a small description of it.
‘Con artist’ is a short term of confidence artist?
Well... That's my job... cool isn’t it?
I can play many and any characters, I wanted to.
Two weeks ago... I'm the fake granddaughter of this fake wealthy family, who's going to get bankrupted; instead I'm going to sell our wine business...

Today and later... I'm a paramour, crying in the death bed of my 80 year old, so called lover.
And for tomorrow...Hmm… I still have to plan on it.
Have I introduced myself?
‘My name is Yamashita Aki...’ that is for tomorrow.
‘Hello... My name is Irie Eriko, please to meet you...’ that is the yesterday...

For today... ‘Hi, my name is Anna... Just Anna... Plain Anna.’
However…
My name is Ino Chiaki... not yesterday, not tomorrow, not today but for the rest of eternity... I'll always be Ino Chiaki... but not all people know me by that name... because...
I'm a con artist... cool isn't it?
___________________________________________________________________________________
My vision began to blur as soon as the tears welled on my eyes. My hands were trembling, I entwined my fingers with his, at a snail pace, and he looked at more very solemnly.
"Honey..." I spoke in a gruffly manner, then his eyes turned chinky. He was giving me a half smile. I place his palm on my cheeks and he tried to rub it... very slowly.
"Anna..." he said almost inaudibly underneath his oxygen mask.
"Yes?" I answered then sniffed.
“Gomen ne (I’m sorry…) I have to leave you first…”
“No! No! No! You’re not leaving anyone… you’re not leaving me!” I bawled aloud and stood in front of him and turned around. I cover my face and shoulders started to shrug.
“Don’t worry… all of my savings and money are wired on your bank account…” A mischievous smile form on my face… good… that’s the only thing I’ve always wanted to hear. “You don’t need to worry about your living expenses…”
I turn around and sat on the chair beside his bed. “No! I don’t need your money… I only want you and your love…” I whimpered. He tried to raise his hand and reach my crestfallen face.
“I love you t---” a shrill sound echoed along the hush room. I looked on the monitor; the zigzag lines were forming a straight horizontal line.
My eyes budge. I went outside and scream, “Nurse! Nurse! Anyone! Please help me! Onegai (please)!”
Then footsteps were presented, about two or three people entered his room.
I step backward biting my nails. I never got scared this before. The doctor put something at the top of his chest—called the defibrillator. Then his body went up and down. They looked at me, and shook their heads.
“NOOOOOOOO!!!!” I yelled and started to run outside the hospital, running wherever my foot would drag me, far away from this hospital.
About two blocks away, I stop running and decided to walk steadfast. I started to wipe my smudged face. I sigh in relief, thank God it’s over. Being the pretend mistress is finished, god that’s the worst scam I’ve ever did! I feel like I’m dating my great grand dad!
Thank heavens I don’t have any family… or else conscience will take over me.
I walked along the street, and then an ATM machine caught my attention. I crossed the street and went inside.
I punch my four number pin password, 0-4-0-9.
To my surprise, indeed he really wired his money. From 5000 Yen, now it’s 500,000 yen. I clasp my hand together and silently prayed.
‘Wherever you are mister, thank you for your kindness, may you now rest in peace.’
_____________________________________________________________________________________
The sun is up and high, it’s perfect. Perfect to take a stroll along the streets of Akihabara.
Me, as Ino Chiaki. Not Anna or Irie Eriko.
Just me, plain Ino Chiaki.
Where most of the shopping districts are everywhere, a lot of people were walking, talking with each other.
My eyes roam around. I swallowed hard as I notice a dress I’ve always dream of. I smiled widely to the extent that it hurt my muscles. My feet drag me closer to it.
I pressed my face on the window. Uwaa~ I love it! I’m going to buy that, this instant! I followed my instinct and walk closer to the entrance, but before I could take a step inside, somebody grab me by my shoulder, I turn around and saw a crowd of men wearing this black suit.
The lad who’s holding on my shoulder asks, “Are you Miss Irie Eriko-san?”
My heart started to pound very fast. My eyes wanted to pop out from its socket. I never experienced this tension before. I swallowed hard.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Ayame! You effing idiot! I said serve them! Not stare at the food! Geez"
I partially raised my voice as I try to glimpse over her location. A lot of people stare at me confusedly. Probably because I sat at the bar alone.
Perhaps, they thought I was crazy: talking to myself. But they're all wrong. Behind this curl-locked hair, a special device attached on my ear is present, it's a device made especially for most likely for this kind of job-- headset transmitter.
I touch my nape with my right hand as I placed my elbow over the counter. My hair strands brush over my bare shoulders. It's getting chilly as I thought. With this red satin halter knee-length dress, all eyes were on me.
I looked in front of me. The bar tender gape at me blankly, with jaws hanged open. He rubbed the glass with a white cloth.
I smack my lips first and smiled at him. He blushed and slowly walked to the other side. My gaze intently followed him, then he took another glance at me, I winked at him.
A shrill etched on my ears followed by a static. Then I heard her high pitched squeaking.
"Oh my god, Chiaki... Don’t tell me, you’re flirting with that bartender?"
Our gazes met. I leered at Ayame who was busy slicing the steak but her eyes were on me, smiling.
"So what if I am?" I giggled a little and bit my lower lips. "Demo (but) if I were Ayame-chan, I would not stare at the food blankly like an idiot."
We both laugh silently.
"But the food looks delicious... I can't help but to stare over it."
"Did you eat before you went to this mission?"
"No."
"Tss... Next time, eat okay?"
"Hai. Hai. (Yes)"
Meet Ayame... she's my sidekick... we've been doing this job for more than three years...
Our job is something that requires your guts in order to fulfill it.
Most people loathed us. We don’t care; this is our way of living.
A habit, which you could say.
Lying is major necessity for this job. And honesty is the contrary of it.
As they say, the bigger the lie, the easier to believe.
I spun around my chair and drink the glass of vodka in my hand. How far will I go for this work?
Far enough that I have to be separated with him.
I heard a cough. It was Ayame. It brought me back to reality.
"By the way, can I ask for another question again, are you going to a party or your role today is a hostess?"
"I'm a seductive business man's granddaughter." Then I smack my lips again and giggled.
"Eww... so disturbing."
"Whatever..." I rolled my eyes. Then I drank the last gulp. "...it's show time."
---
I walked over to their table, and I stop beside Ayame. I bowed in front of this old man and greeted him, "Konbanwa Yamada-san."
"My... my... my... I never thought that the heiress of the Irie's is a prominent of beauty." I smiled with pursed lips, Ayame snorted. We all looked at her then I smirked. "Sit here." Yamada-san stood up and pulled the chair for me.
I sat.
"Sumamimasen (Excuse me)" then she walked away. I trailed her with my eyes. I'm gonna kill Ayame later.
"You are Irie Jin's granddaughter right?"
"Hai. Watashi wa Irie Eriko desu. (Yes, my name is Irie Eriko)"
"Pretty face, pretty name."
"Arigato. (Thank you)"
I looked away and blush.
I heard a buzz on my ear again, Ayame was giggling then she said, "Don’t over whelm yourself with the compliments Chiaki."
I wanted to yell at her; instead, I gritted my teeth.
"I and Nishioka-san here are discussing about your grand father... and we're sorry about that... we're here to do the business transaction with you."
"Thank you... And I sincerely apologize for my father cannot attend tonight; he's busy at the hospital, looking out for my grandfather." I said trying to faint my tone.
"It's okay. We understand." he sigh. "Let’s make this deal faster... I'm going to wire the money on your bank account tonight and I'm gonna sign the contract... is it okay with you Eriko-san?"
I nodded calmly. "I brought my laptop, you can just use it on wiring the money, and I have also prepared the contract." They looked at me with awe. I turn around and raised my right hand. I snapped my fingers, immediately Ayame walks closer to our table, I gave her my -- our car keys "would you mind getting my bag on my trunk."
"Hai. Wakarimashita (Yes, I undertand)"
---
The contract sign just ended, I waited for Ayame inside our car here at the parking lot. I've also change my dress from jeans.
The door opened, Ayame slid inside, "I guess... its mission accomplished again."
"Yeah, you could say that." I said as I start the engine and turn the steering wheel. "So what's next? Or should I say, who?"
"Remember the old rich man who likes you very very very much?"
"You mean, the grandfather, whom I introduced myself as Anna?"
"Yes. Correct! I heard he's at the hospital... and guess what?"
"He's looking for you! Isn’t it sweet?"
"Sweet... my ass..." we both laugh then I sigh silently. "Then I'll have to visit him everyday... until?"
We sat in silence, from my peripheral vision I saw her nodded while she drank.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
The lad who’s holding on my shoulder asks, “Are you Miss Irie Eriko-san?”
My heart started to pound very fast. My eyes wanted to pop out from its socket. I never experienced this tension before. I swallowed hard. Don’t tell me, this is the end of my career? I raised my head and looked straight at his eyes, I shouldn’t let him get near my weakness.
A con artist is always confident. Be cool.
I smiled, “pardon?” I asked.
“Are you Ms. Irie Eriko?” he reiterates his same question, much sturdy this time.
I smiled again and shook my head, “Iie (no). You’ve got the wrong girl… I’m not her. Shitsurei shimasu (I'm going to be rude.)” we both bow at each other. I started to walk very fast, I glance back at them, what made my heart skip more, is when I saw him look downward on his hands and back to me.
“That’s her! That’s IRIE ERIKO! Go and get her!!!” He yelled. Then his men started to run, chasing me. I had to dash out.
Run for my life... I don’t want to die, at least let me see him once more.
Gunshots.
Footsteps.
People screaming.
I kept on running. Faster than the wind. “OUT OF MY WAY!!!” I yelled and glance back. A lot of people were giving way, but some are not. When I look back in front… A guy with blonde hair caught my arm and we grasp at each other, and wobbled.
One second I was running to save my life, another, I land my butt on the ground and somebody was hugging me closer to his chest. I could smell him.
That smell… I glance up.
Our gazes met, this is not coincidence— this is fate.
“Chiaki?”
“Keiichiro?” I asked in disbelief.
My heart starts to pound just like what I’ve experience four years ago from this same guy.
____________________________________________________________________________________
My hand phone vibrated, it was Keiichiro. My heart starts thump, I'm nervous as hell. Ayame and I just split up on this busy street, our first work just finished, I don’t know whether what I did was right or wrong. Somehow I find my conscience taking over my body. "Chiaki, where you at?"
"Uh... I'm here... at Ayame's place."
"Are you sure?"
My jaw became clench, "are you doubting me?"
"I have to."
"Koyama Keiichiro! If you don’t believe me, fine! I'm not asking you to believe me!"
"Chi---" before he could finish his sentenced, I immediately end our call. That conversation won’t stop if I haven’t done it.
---
After that first fraud, I finally got caught up with the nature of that job. It was fun, or maybe my conscience has died already.
As for me and Keiichiro, our relationship became vague. We always argue with each other, we cannot understand each other, but neither of us have the guts of breaking up with each other.
Or is it because we still love each other?
However with every start, there should be an ending. There’s no such thing as infinite, everything has its end... there's a limit.
---
I got a text message from him. It says, "Chiaki, let's talk... meet me on the park beside my apartment."
'I guess we really need to have a good talk.' I sigh and whisper on the air. I'm going to tell Keiichiro about my real job before his doubts on me will increase.
---
I saw him facing the sunset. I inhale first before I call on his name. "Keiichiro..."
He turned around and says, "You came."
I smiled at him as I walk towards the swing and sat.
"I have something to tell you."
We said in unison.
Ten we laughed, he said, "You go first."
"No, you go first." I commanded.
"Okay... if you said so." he breaths deeply, I stood up and in front of him. The sun saw scorching over his head, I got dazzled, and I cannot clearly see his face. He cleared his throat. "Remember when we had this phone call?"
"We always had a phone call."
"I know... but that phone call changed everything."
"What phone call?"
"Remember when you said you're at Ayame's place? But the background was really noisy that we cannot hear each other?"
A jolt of memory hit me. I remember now... I finally get what he was pointing. "Yeah... I remember it now."
"I saw you back there... you're not at Ayame's place... I saw you running around the crowd, I'm quite surprised you didn’t see me, we were about few steps away from each other."
"I have an explanation or that..."
He shook his head. "Let's break up."
It was the sentence I least wanted to hear from him. I raised an eyebrow at him.
"What?" I ask. Did I hear him correctly?
"I said, let’s break up... I'm tired of your lies... I cannot penetrate them anymore... let's stop this before we could hurt each other more."
I grip my hand trying to withstand the pain. I wanted to punch him. My tear glands start to produce tears.
Just when I was about to tell him everything... he had to end it.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
“Chiaki?”
“Keiichiro?” I asked in disbelief.
My heart starts to pound just like what I’ve experience four years ago from this same guy. Then I heard gunshots again, my body started to quivered.
"Chiaki, are you okay?"
"No... Keiichiro... I'm scared... Get me out of here." I plead. He wraps his arms around my waist and we stood up together. We started to camouflage with other people before I took the last glance.
---
"Here" he said. I look up. He was handing me a can of cola. I sat on the swing on the park. It was not crowded; I can still count the people with my fingers.
I snapped out of my daze. I suddenly remember this park. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe this park is quite near to his place.
"This place...?"
"Yup. The place where we broke up."
I let out a light chortle, of all the things he could have remembered, yet it was break up scene.
"This is also the same place where we officiate our relationship." I said contradicting his statement.
"I never thought you'd still remember that."
"Of course I do... I can still remember you back then, you're wearing this big eye glasses, white polo and khaki pants... You were itching, embarrassed and shy to ask me to be your girlfriend that I have to do the first move."
We both laugh. Oh, how great it is to relieve good memories from the past.
"Oh--Kay."
"Enough." He laughed again. "Enough. You’re making me embarrassed."
Then he kneeled in front of me. I look straight at his eyes, with a smile. Slowly he incline closer to me, until our forehead presses with each other -- and we kissed.
I spoiled it. I move backward a little.
"I miss you." He said breathlessly.
I smiled, "I missed you too."
---
"So how are you?" he asks as we walk back to his apartment.
"I'm good. Thank you. Keiichiro, you've changed a lot."
"Three years was something."
"Yeah, I bet it was. So how is your work? What are you doing by the way?"
"Hmm... Let's say, my job is something connected with justice."
"Wow... big time." I sounded impressed. However, I feel troubled. We're two people with two vast different back ground. He's not good for me... and never will...
With this kind of situation, how could I transcend this condition? How can we?
Now that I've learn the feelings that was left three years ago weren’t over?
"So are you a police? Prosecutor?"
"It's a secret." he grinned.
___________________________________________________________________________________
As the day passed, Keiichiro and I started to become close again... just like how we've started before. It was great feeling for me, of course. He was the only person whom I've love. Yesterday, tomorrow and today.
---
As for our relationship? It’s getting way better than I've ever wished! We've sorted out the painful break up we had. And now we’re back together again. I hope, this time it would last... I don’t want to have another heartbreaking moment with the same guy all over again.
---
"Let's get married." he said. I almost fell on the swing that he was pushing.
"What?!" I stood up and stand in front of him. I bet brows were wrinkly again. "Are you sick?!"
"Let's get married, before another circumstance arises." I felt uneasy with his question. I wanted to say yes, but there's something unexplainable that I cannot say... it's on the tip of my tongue.
He kneeled in front of me, and open this box, with a ring inside, it was cliché-- yes. But a simple proposal like this is enough for me. I sob a little; this could be the happiest moment of my life! "I don’t want to prolong my agony... I love you Ino Chiaki. I never stop loving you, will you marry?"
"Are you sure about this?"
I had to ask, I don’t want him to regret stuffs like this.
"I've never been this sure..."
"Then... YES! I will marry you!"
_________________________________________________________________________________
"I think I'm gonna quit." I said as I lie down on Ayame's bed.
"You what?! What are you talking about?!"
I sigh, this is the decision my brain has been battling for the last days. I don’t want to lose Keiichiro again, so I had to make a choice. "I'm going to quit this."
"This?! Our job?!" I didn’t answer. "Are you crazy?! What job will await you on your future?"
"I don’t know... But Ayame, I don’t want to lose Keiichiro again... and he proposed to me."
Her sturdy face became enlighten. It made me happy. "He what? Propose to you?" I nodded. She walks closer to me and gives me a big hug. "Aww... I'm so happy for you."
"Thank you."
_________________________________________________________________________________
I went to the place, my wedding place -- alone, Ayame cannot join me in this happy day, because she's down with flu. My dress was very simple yet elegant, just like what she had told me.
Of course, I agreed with her, I choose this dress! By the time I got on the venue, nobody was around. I wonder why?
I saw a big door, this must be it. Outside, there was a wooden board sign, and a cardboard paper written "K x C nuptial." I blushed. He must be waiting for me.
I should not let him wait.
I silently pushed the big door ahead of me.
I blink many times. My heart suddenly stopped. Is this is the correct place he planned out for our big wedding day? I took a step forward. I was shaking, my inner body was shaking. I didn’t enter the wrong ceremony; the guy in tuxedo is Koyama Keiichiro, my boyfriend.
But... but... but... I'm not that girl!
This is conspiracy!
Is this a dream?! A nightmare?! Oh please! Let me wake up!! This isn’t happening!
I'm supposed to be the girl standing beside Keiichiro! Not her!
No! No! No! This is crazy!
"You may kiss the bride." Keiichiro took a step forward. He held this girl by her neck until their lips touch with each other.
My vision began to blur as soon as the tears welled on my eyes. My hands were trembling, I gripped it. I turn around… then I felt a cold metal touch my forehead—it was a gun. I stopped.
It clicked.
But it didn’t shoot.
“Ino Chiaki, you’re under arrest.”
A police stated.
I sobbed. I sob hardly that my shoulders started to shrugged, and my heart hurts, I can’t breathe.
I really can’t breathe. Is this the payment for what I've did to him before?
Then somebody held my wrist trying to making face him, “Gomen ne Chiaki, I had to this do.”
I pursed my lips before I answer. “Keiichiro…” then I looked up at him. I swallowed hard. “It was real…” I smile sadly at him. Our gazes were stable on each other’s eyes, until the police had to drag me outside. I muttered, “I never lie…It was real… for me… I really love you.”
This time, it was not Yamashita Aki, Anna nor Irie Eriko who spoke it. It was me, Ino Chiaki, the young lady whom Koyama Keiichiro promised a wedding.
Was it a lie? I shook my head.
Game over.
____
IC red satin halter dress: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgq9hyphenhyphen9Y6vmJp5nXBVcsYx1j8Dqg6zZlSN4TBCPwOmE1ffLg2HClVU07-VzRDzeTKjan4-t9MnOhgpQxdzhWiQe0pWgxWGjXPy4kvq5L97yXNkGBAskruyXEFlBAEnjxjxmyjy9qgqPpgFT/s1600-h/red+halter+brocade,80s.no2.jpg