
Saturday, January 16, 2010 |
Chapter 9
Seven's a crowd
Hebe’s POV“What?!?” Ella and Selina screamed into my ears.
“I have no choice!” I explained to them.
“But to stay with that rich brat…Isn’t that a bit too drastic?” Ella said.
Selina pouted. “He’s not a rich brat, he’s—”
“Your boyfriend, yeah yeah.” Ella completed the sentence for her. “You can’t stay with that pervertic guy!” She gripped my hands tightly.
“Then where can I stay? Your apartment?” I answered.
“… My house is too messy.” Ella said, looking down, embarrassed.
“You mean it’s not fit for human living.” Selina added. Ella glared at her.
“And I can’t live at her house…” I looked at Selina.
“Because she’ll knock over a priceless vase. Somehow.” Selina said. “You know how clumsy she is.” She reminded Ella.
“So where else?” I asked Ella.
“True…” She looked down dejectedly. “I got it!” She stood up. “How about WE stay with you? At least if something happens, we’ll bet there for you!”
“Great idea! That will give me more time with me darling…” Selina said.
“Okay, I guess.” I said. “Aah! Look at the time! My lunch break is over. See you guys later!” I said, rushing off.
---
I explained everything to Aaron.
Aaron sighed. “My house is turning into a hotel. People check in anytime they like.”
I laughed. Wait. Since when do I laugh at Aaron’s jokes?
When I saw Aaron smiling back at me, my heart skipped a beat.
Weird. What’s happening to me?
---
No POV
“You guys all know Selina and Hebe. This is Ella. She’s ALSO staying with us.” Aaron said in an annoyed tone.
“Hi.” Ella smiled at the three guys.
Wu Chun thought that she seemed open and carefree, unlike other girls. He thought that she was different.
Calvin felt like smiling when he saw her. She made him want to laugh.
“Tomboy.” Muttered Aaron.
“Shut up.” Said Hebe.
Aaron kept quiet, not wanting to madden Hebe.
“Good boy, Aaron.” Said Jiro teasingly. He moved over and put his hand on Hebe’s shoulder. Hebe blushed and quickly moved away. Aaron felt like strangling Jiro, but he knew that he was just playing, so he quickly calmed himself down.
“So, grab a room.” Aaron said, with a heck-care look on his face.
“I take the first room on the right.” Jiro said.
“That’s MY room, idiot.” Aaron said, hitting Jiro on the shoulder.
“Right…” He said, scratching the back of his head.
Selina laughed.
Jiro looked at her and immediately looked away.
Selina blushed, looking down, not wanting anyone to notice. Her heartbeat quickened suddenly.
“Well, go unpack and… stuff.” Aaron said. He wasn’t a very good host.
“Okay.” Hebe, Selina and Ella quickly raced upstairs.
Once they got upstairs, Ella screamed, “Who are those guys?!”
“They’re Aaron’s friends. Didn’t you hear?” Hebe answered, clueless.
“They could all be perverts for all we know!” Ella said, her voice raised.
Selina cut in. “They’re all okay. I know them. Except Jiro. He’s a bit… funny.” Selina thought back to that day and felt her cheeks burn. She quickly turned away, so that no one would notice her red cheeks.
Hebe noticed this and turned to Ella with a questioning look on her face. Ella shrugged.
---
“Sorry Danson. I can’t meet you tonight. I’m… going out with a friend.” Hebe said into her phone.
“It’s okay. How about tomorrow?”
“Sure.” Hebe smiled. Danson is so understanding.
She hung up. When she turned around, she found Aaron staring at her from her room’s door. “So… you’re really going out with Jiro tonight?”
“Yeah.”
“Okay.” Aaron looked down, feeling empty inside.
“Well, I think I should bathe now. I don’t want to be late.” Hebe turned to go into the bathroom.
Aaron gripped Hebe’s arm. Hebe stopped and looked back at Aaron. There seemed to be some sadness in his eyes. She wondered why. “Hebe… Thank you.”
Hebe laughed. “For what?”
Everything. “Just, thanks.” And he walked away.
Hebe smiled silently to herself, standing there for a moment before she entered the bathroom.
---
Aaron's POV
Hebe walked slowly down the stairs, dressed in a purple dress that ended just above her knees. She hoped that she wasn’t dressed too casually.
Jiro was already waiting for her in the hall. He stood up when she came down, smiling. “You look…” He searched for the right word. “beautiful.”
“Thanks.” Hebe smiled.
“Let’s go.” Jiro said, taking her hand.
From the second floor, I stood looking down at them. My hands grasped the pillar. Why was I feeling anger and sadness? For the first time in my whole life, I actually felt like punching Jiro.
Why do I feel like this?
------------------------------------------------------------
Posting another chapter cos I haven't posted for quite a while. :D
Keep commenting!
And are you guys writing any fics? Or reading any? There are so many and I don't know which to read! Please recommend! ^^
Thanks.
~colourful-raindrops~
Post a Comment